WRITING AND EDITING EXPERIENCE
Nonprofit, government, and corporate writing: writer and editor of a wide range of marketing communications materials, including feature stories, brochures, newsletters, advertisments, and corporate reports. Clients include Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins University, the Veterans Health Administration, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Airbus, and EDS (HP Enterprise Services).
Editing: managing editor of organizational publications, and editor of various corporate and business materials (including reports, white papers, and brochures). Experienced in copyediting, content editing, and proofreading.
Internet, HTML, and Desktop Publishing: Content manager for websites within the Veterans Health Administration, the Johns Hopkins Hospital and the American Women’s Club of Amsterdam. Experience with HTML, WordPress, Edit-me, Joomla, and Facebook, and Twitter. Familiar with desktop publishing programs including Microsoft Publisher and Adobe InDesign.
Master of Science in Professional Writing (summa cum laude), 2011, Towson University
Master of Business Administration, 1998, University of Maryland (now Robert H. Smith School of Business)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1995, Villanova University
- Editor and feature writer for Potential Magazine.
- Head writer and editor for marketing materials, including newsletters, brochures, advertisements, fact sheets, and annual reports.
- Staff writer for the Johns Hopkins Urban Health Institute.
Freelance Writer, Editor and Communications Consultant · 2010-present
- Copy writing and editing for online and print publications.
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, Baltimore, Maryland · 2009-2010
Communications Intern, Office of Work, Life and Engagement
- Researched, authored, and edited brochures, articles, promotional material, online content, and other documents to support work/life and employee/student assistance programs.
THE JOHNS HOPKINS HEALTH SYSTEM, Baltimore, Maryland · 2001-2005
Senior Project Analyst, Marketing and Communications – Office of Planning & Marketing
- Researched and prepared written recommendations to support Johns Hopkins Medicine planning and marketing functions, including strategic planning, decision support, competitive strategy, and strategic marketing.
EDS (now HP Enterprise Services), Herndon, Virginia · 1998-2001
Consultant, Business Integration Consulting
- Delivered business and communications consulting services to clients.
- Authored Web site content, newsletters, flyers, and newsbriefs directed at opinion leaders and stakeholders.
MERCER, Washington, D.C. • 1997
- Member of the managed care consulting team for Mercer’s largest national account.
PRINCIPAL HEALTH CARE (now Coventry Health Care), Rockville, Maryland • 1995-1996
- Provided personalized annual client reports on managed care utilization.
Editing, Freelance Writing, Web Design and Content Management, Theory of Creativity, Biomedical Writing, History and Development of Prose, Health Care Writing, Business Writing, Rhetoric, Theory of Exposition, Rhetorical Grammar, Memoir, HTML.